BYU and San Diego State have played each of the past four men’s college basketball seasons, and the former conference rivals will keep that streak going in what’s become a highly anticipated nonconference matchup.
Both schools announced Wednesday they will extend their series through the next two seasons.
When will the two BYU-San Diego State games take place?
- BYU will play at San Diego State’s Viejas Arena on Nov. 11 in the upcoming 2022-23 season.
- Then in 2023, the Cougars will host the Aztecs at the Marriott Center — there is no date set for that game — in BYU’s first season as a member of the Big 12 Conference.
What is the history of the BYU-San Diego State series?
- The two schools have played each other 76 times, with BYU holding a 50-26 edge in the series.
- The Cougars have won the last two games, including a 66-60 victory over the Aztecs last November in the Marriott Center.
- San Diego State won the previous two meetings.
- The two teams have played five times since BYU left the Mountain West Conference beginning with the 2011-12 season, with SDSU holding a 3-2 edge.