When does ‘Sanditon’ Season 3 come out? Third and final season to be released this March
The second season of the PBS Masterpiece regency drama aired in 2022. Fans can expect the final season this March
After a much-loved first season, “Sanditon” Season 2 premiered in March. While Season 2 received mixed reviews — mostly due to the loss of Theo James, Season 1’s leading man — some fans are ready for “Sanditon” Season 3.
“Sanditon” fans can finally rejoice. The third and final season of “Sanditon” will be released in March. Here’s everything we know.
Driving the news: According to Parade, “Sanditon” was renewed for a third season in 2022.
- “Sanditon” Season 2 was received with some apprehension (spoilers ahead!). The second season opens with the death of Sidney Parker (James), Charlotte Heywood’s love interest in Season 1.
- James pulled out of the series, stating in an announcement on Twitter, “Although I relished playing Sidney, for me, I’ve always maintained that his journey concluded as I wanted it to.”
- “The broken fairy-tale like ending between Charlotte and Sidney is different and unique and so interesting to me.” James continued.
What they’re saying: It’s official — “Sanditon” Season 3 will be released on March 19. But unfortunately for fans, it will be the show’s final season.
- According to PBS, “The first episode of ‘Sanditon’ Season 3 sees Charlotte arrive back at the Regency era seaside resort—fiancé in tow—for the society event of the year. Seeing Colbourne again leaves her feeling uncertain. Meanwhile, Georgiana receives a shocking threat to her fortune, and Edward tries to prove to Lady Denham that he is a changed man.”
- Rose Williams, who plays the main heroine Charlotte Heywood, discussed Season 3 with Masterpiece. “In Season 3, we see characters meeting with their own unique challenges and really having to dig into deep parts of themselves to find resolve.”
- “I hope they come together at the end and maybe even get their happily ever after,” Williams continued. “... an Austen ending, like it’s tied in a bow.”
Details: “Sanditon” Season 2 ended on a happy ending for some characters, but left us with massive cliffhangers for others. The last episode shows Alison on her wedding day, happily married to Frasier. But it also reveals a massive twist: months after the heartbreaking end to her relationship with with Alexander, Charlotte is engaged to farmer Ralph Starling.
- After watching Charlotte’s turbulent love life play out on screen, fans are likely eager to see Charlotte get her happy ending in Season 3.
- Fans might be disappointed to learn that a beloved character won’t be in the “Sanditon” Season 3 cast: Charlotte Spencer, who played Esther Denham Babington in Season 2, won’t be returning for the third season.