When does ‘The Gilded Age’ Season 2 come out? Season 2 ‘won’t be coming on until September’ according to show star
The historical drama was an immediate hit when it premiered on HBO Max. When will ‘The Gilded Age’ Season 2 come out?
“The Gilded Age” came out on HBO Max to critical acclaim. Premiering in January 2022, the series follows the dramatic lives of New York’s most elite families in 1882. Since the show’s season finale aired in March, fans are eagerly awaiting the release of “The Gilded Age” Season 2.
‘The Gilded Age’ was officially renewed last February
According to The Hollywood Reporter, HBO Max renewed “The Gilded Age” in February of last year.
- “Julian Fellowes and the entire ‘Gilded Age’ family have thoroughly captivated us with their tale of late 19th century New York City extravagance,” said Francesca Orsi, executive vice president of programming at HBO Max.
- “We couldn’t be prouder to embark on a season two journey with this extraordinarily talented team,” Orsi continued.
When will ‘The Gilded Age’ Season 2 be released?
While “The Gilded Age” Season 2 release date hasn’t been announced by showrunners yet, it has been revealed to be released in 2023 by HBO. In a video shared by HBO late last year, fans can see clips teasing what’s to come in Season 2.
- In a brief clip, George Russell hints at potential conflict, saying, “We can’t back down, or we’ll lose control of everything we’ve spent our life building.”
- Meanwhile in an earlier clip, fans see Marian Brook question the future, asking, “What’s next?” Her aunt, Ada Brook, responds, “You have so much to look forward to.”
- At “The Gilded Age: For Your Consideration” event, Fellowes revealed to Us Weekly that the second season might not please all fans. “When fans get involved with the characters, which is what you’re striving for, really, they will ask you to do is make their favorite character happy,” Fellowes said. “... of course, if you’ve made everyone happy, there wouldn’t be much to watch.”
‘The Gilded Age’ Season 2 will likely come out in September, says show star
Nathan Lane, who plays Ward McAllister, gave fans an idea of when “The Gilded Age” Season 2 will be released during an interview on “The Today Show” in February 2023.
- “Season 2 won’t be coming on until September…” Lane said. “But that’s sort of like being part of a great repertory company. A lot of old friends and people I’ve loved from afar.”
What happened in ‘The Gilded Age’ Season 1?
While Season 1 ended with a few wrapped up story lines, it left some questions unanswered. For example, the show hinted at a possible romance between Marian Brook and Larry Russell, the children of two disagreeing families.
- Executive producer Sally Richardson-Whitfield discussed the possible romance with Hollywood Life. “I can’t tell you if there’s a romance brewing, but what I can tell you is that those two just naturally, really, just come off screen.”
- “You can just see the chemistry,” Richardson-Whitfield continues. “But I, personally, think it’s a good love match.”