McKenzie Romero is editor of the Utah InDepth team, working with the reporters and editors covering Utah and the West. A longtime member of the Society of Professional Journalists, she is a board member for the Utah Headliners Chapter. She is a Southern Utah University graduate, a casual runner and rock climber, and is pilas por hablar el español.

An FBI spokesperson said the shooting occurred when agents attempted to serve a search warrant at the home.
The Great Salt Lake Collaborative was named the winner of Current’s “Local That Works” contest. The prize will go toward continued and expanded reporting.
Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein’s call to journalists now mirrors that of Richard Nixon in 1959.
Alice Telford recalls the Great Salt Lake of her youth, overflowing and full of life. Today she barely recognizes it.
The Great Salt Lake Collaborative is a group of news outlets, educators, experts and community organizations united under the common purpose of not just making people more aware of the plight of the Great Salt Lake, but searching for solutions that could help it.
With America under attack on Sept. 11, 2001, journalists at the Deseret News worked to put out an early edition of the newspaper. Staff members recall what that day was like in the newsroom.
A conversation with three Utah millennials about what they remember from that terrifying day and how it impacted their lives.
Utah State University conferred 1,095 graduate and 6,009 undergraduate degrees Thursday, with its youngest graduate at 18 years and its oldest at 85.
Two men died in a collision in Magna on Wednesday.
Three past celebrity guests of Salt Lake’s popular FanX convention are asking to file briefs in court supporting the organization’s argument that the term “comic con” is generic and widely used.
As family members reflected on the legacy of a South Jordan realtor, new court filings shed light on the altercation with tenants that police say led to his death.
A Denver man visiting Utah was arrested early Saturday after police say he threatened on social media to be “the next mass shooter” and said he was planning on “killing as many girls as I see.”
A member of the Utah National Guard died Saturday while swimming laps at a public pool.
The body of a skier was recovered Saturday after he became buried in an avalanche outside Fairview a day earlier.
The grandparents of young Charlie and Braden Powell — who were murdered in 2012 during a visit with their father, the prime suspect in their mother’s disappearance — have a renewed chance to sue the Washington state agency that was supervising
A man was killed Wednesday night when a cargo truck rolled on Powder Mountain Road.
A Utah teacher accused of gunning down her ex-husband’s new girlfriend in front of their twin children was charged Wednesday with aggravated murder.
Police have released the names of a brother and sister killed in a three-car crash Wednesday.
A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that FanX can wait to pay a $4 million judgment as it appeals the “comic con” trademark lawsuit it lost at trial.
FanX is seeking emergency intervention from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals saying a California judge’s order that the company pay its opponents’ $4 million legal bill would “destroy” the business and hurt Utah’s economy.
A young woman was killed and four other people were hospitalized after a rollover crash in Tooele County early Sunday.
This year, Chris and Jessica Payne took their fandom to the next level: a Star Wars wedding ceremony at FanX.
Despite a tumultuous year, Salt Lake’s popular fan convention reported an uptick in attendance over three days of downtown nerdvana.
A judge has ordered another competency evaluation for one of two teen boys charged in a violent May crime spree.
A federal judge has ordered the Utah’s FanX event to pay nearly $4 million in legal fees in its failed trademark battle with San Diego Comic-Con International.
Searchers are looking for a missing 15-year-old Boy Scout last seen Friday afternoon, according to the Grand County Sheriff’s Office.
Law enforcement officials are warning parents in Park City that nearly two years after two boys overdosed in the same weekend on a dangerous synthetic opioid, juveniles in the area are again getting drugs shipped to them through the mail.