Should you visit Hawaii?
Dr. Michael Daignault, an emergency physician in Los Angeles, said he’s been asked by his patients about traveling to Hawaii. He told Hawaii News Now that he does not recommend visiting Hawaii because of the novel coronavirus.
- “I would advise people to not go now. You have to be responsible. You have to consider that Hawaii is a national treasure and we need to preserve it and protect its people,” he told Hawaii News Now.
Daignault said in an Instagram post that visitors should get a negative COVID-19 test, and they should avoid large crowds, according to Hawaii News Now.
- “I think Hawaii of all states is such a fragile situation.”
- “I advise patients or family member or friends to not travel anywhere that has has a high surge of COVID cases,” he added.
Hawaii governor doesn’t want you to visit, either
- “It is a risky time to be traveling right now,” he said.
- He said he wanted to stop any travel to Hawaii from outside visitors through the end of October, too.
Ige encouraged people to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and to avoid indoor settings when possible.