What’s going on: Entertainment Weekly published a first-look video from the winter premiere, which shows Rebecca (Mandy Moore) heading to the hospital seeking medical help.
- In the fall finale, Rebecca told her son Randall (Sterling K. Brown) that she was ready to receive medical help for her faltering memory.
- In the premiere, Randall will fly to California to bring her to a doctor for a memory test.
- Rebecca promises everything will be fine. Based on flash-forward scenes, we know that isn’t necessarily the case for her.
Another clip: A separate clip from the premiere episode appeared online earlier this week, according to TVLine.
- The scene shows Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Toby (Chris Sullivan) returning home after their trip to Philadelphia. Toby asks if anything is wrong. Kate unleashes on him.
- Kate: “I was taking a cute picture of you and Jack when I saw you trash-talking me on your CrossFit text chain.”
- Toby apologies and explains himself. “I would not look you in the eye and lie to you, OK?”