Jada Pinkett Smith’s social media show “Red Table Talk” just got renewed, and spawned a spinoff.
What happened: Facebook Watch has renewed “Red Table Talk” for a multiyear deal for three years, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- The show will run through 2022, per Deadline.
- It will include Pinkett Smith, Willow Smith and Adrienne Banfield Norris.
- Facebook Watch also added a new spinoff show called “Red Table Talk: The Estefans,” which will be hosted by Gloria Estefan along with her daughter Emily, and her niece Lili.
What they’re saying: Mina Lefevre, head of development and programming at Facebook Watch, cheered the move, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Lefevre: “We’ve been fortunate enough to be in business with such wonderful partners and are thrilled to expand the ‘Red TableTalk’ franchise with Jada Pinkett Smith, the Estefans and Westbrook Studios. ‘Red Table Talk’ is a shining example of how content, community and conversation come together on Facebook Watch. We’re proud to keep this conversation going around topics our fans care about.”
- Pinkett Smith: ”I’m incredibly proud of ‘Red Table Talk,’ and thrilled to build upon this franchise with my family and with Gloria, Emily and Lili. ‘Red Table Talk’ has created a space to have open, honest and healing conversations around social and topical issues, and what’s most powerful for me is hearing people’s stories and engaging with our fans in such a tangible way on the Facebook Watch platform. I’m excited to see the Estefans put their spin on the franchise and take it to new places.”
2019 headlines: “Red Table Talk” made headlines multiple times in 2019. Here are a few of the reports on those headlines.
- Jada Pinkett Smith admits she had a pornography addiction before she was married
- Common tells Jada Pinkett Smith on ‘Red Table Talk’ that he wants to get married
- Ayesha Curry says she feels self-doubt when women approach Steph Curry: ‘Is something wrong with me?’
- Jada Pinkett Smith says she faced ‘betrayals of the heart’ bigger than infidelity in marriage to Will Smith