Concept art from “Star Wars: Duel of the Fates” has surfaced on social media.
What’s going on: “Star Wars: Duel of the Fates” is a Star Wars movie that never was. It was reportedly the title of Colin Trevorrow’s “Episode IX,” which never came to fruition after Disney and Lucasfilm decided to replace him with J.J. Abrams.
- The leaked script — an outline of which was first shared on Reddit — would have been much different than what we got with “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.” Plot points included:
- Luke Skywalker training both Rey and Kylo Ren. Rey would have had a double-bladed lightsaber made from the broken pieces of Luke’s original lightsaber.
- Kylo Ren would have spent a lot of time on Mustafar. He would have found a Sith Holocron with a message from Emperor Palpatine meant for Darth Vader. He would have ventured to find a villain called Tor Valuum, who would have been revealed as one of Palpatine’s teachers.
- Finn, Poe and the Resistance would have stolen a Star Destroyer and battled against the First Order, which would have been led by Chancellor Hux.
- Rey and Kylo Ren would have had a final battle on the planet Mortis, which was originally seen in “The Clone Wars” animated series.
- The film would have had multiple callbacks to the original and prequel trilogies, including references to Coruscant, the Jedi Temple and more.
New art: Though we never got to see this film, new concept art using the descriptions have surfaced online. Here are a few of the images we’ve found: