- These two sandwiches weren’t completely new, though.
- They were only available on a regional level.
What they’re like: The Chicken McGriddle comes with two griddle cakes and a McChicken patty.
- The McChicken Biscuit is a McChicken patty on a biscuit.
Bigger picture: This national menu comes amid a growing war between fast food chicken restaurants, according to MarketWatch.
- Chick-fil-A and Popeyes have been going back-and-forth in an ongoing war over which restaurant has the better chicken sandwiches.
- Per CNBC, about 90% of McDonald’s franchises in the United States think Chick-fil-A is the biggest threat to the fast food giant.
- Linda VanGosen, McDonald’s vice president of menu innovation: “Our customers have told us they want more chicken and more breakfast items, so we are excited to be able to offer these two sandwiches at breakfast to everyone nationwide.”