NBC has released a new trailer for the upcoming season of “This Is Us,” and it’s full of intense moments to hype you up for the new season.
- We see Randall (Sterling K. Brown) celebrating his 40th birthday.
- Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Toby (Chris Sullivan) laugh together.
- Randall and Kevin (Justin Hartley) meet up again after their fight in the season 4 finale.
- Kevin wears a mask, a sign that the show is addressing the coronavirus pandemic.
NBC released a new poster for “This Is Us” season 5 as well, teasing major changes for the new season.
- The poster reads, “This season changes us forever.”
Series creator Dan Fogelman told Entertainment Weekly the show will address the coronavirus pandemic, which is clearly true from the trailer so far.
- “It’s a really huge challenge for us,” he said. “I keep saying, ‘As if juggling this show with 18,000 timelines and characters isn’t hard enough.’ It really is a complicated question. It’s been complicated for all shows. I can’t tell you the amount of debate that has gone into everything from our show existing in a world that corona has not happened, like many shows are going to choose to do, to making the entire first nine episodes all happening during a quarantine period in our off-season. We’ve been all over the map. I think we have a plan that splits the balance. ... But you know, we’re fluid writers. We have the ability to adjust as needed.”