More so, Bo-Katan asked an imperial officer where she could find the darksaber, knowing that someone in the Empire took it from her. The officer died before he told her anything, which leaves Bo-Katan still in the hunt.
What’s the darksaber?
- The darksaber is a legendary weapon with ties to the Mandalorian creed, the Sith and the Jedi.
- We first saw the darksaber during “The Clone Wars” when Satine Kryze ruled over Mandalore.
- Darth Maul invaded the planet of Mandalore and stole the weapon, claiming the kingdom for himself.
- Darth Maul lost the planet of Mandalore during the Siege of Mandalore, which happened at the end of the Clone Wars.
- Later, in “Rebels,” Bo-Katan Kryze took the darksaber and rallied the Mandalorians when they fought against Darth Maul.
Who has the darksaber?
“The Mandalorian” brought the darksaber back into the “Star Wars’ universe in the Season 1 finale. Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito) stepped off his ship, wielding the blade. Somehow, Moff Gideon came into position of the darksaber from Bo-Katan, which means he stole it somewhere between “Rebels” and “The Mandalorian.”
- Esposito said: “I’m decent. I’m getting better. But you have to respect the power of it, the energy of it. It’s long, dude. I’ve bopped myself three times already. Pop in the head, I’m like ... what do I do? I start laughing. People look at me, they want me to be the expert right off the bat. But you know what? It takes practice. So we have long ones, we have short ones. Because sometimes they have to put it in. And guess what? I can say this? I can say it, I can say it. I’m going through it in my head, spoilers, blah blah blah. I can say it. I’ve broken three of those bad boys.”