What’s going on?
- More Americans are struggling financially this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. In fact, a recent survey from Ibotta found that more than one-third of Americans plan to spend less money on Thanksgiving this year, according to Newsweek.
- Walmart customers can use the Ibotta app to get 100% cash back on specific Thanksgiving dinner items, including a turkey, stuffing mix, cranberry sauce and more, according to Fox.
- The offer is available through Thanksgiving, as long as supplies last.
What’s included in the offer?
Here’s a rundown of the items that are included in the deal, according to CNBC:
- Any variety of Butterball 3-pound turkey roast (or ($9.98 cash back on any Butterball whole turkey)
- Idahoan instant mashed potatoes (8 ounce package)
- Great Value stuffing (6 ounce package)
- Great Value cranberry sauce (14 ounce can)
- Great Value frozen green beans (12 ounce bag)
- Campbell’s condensed cream of mushroom soup (10.5 ounce can)
- French’s crispy onions (2.8 ounce package)
- McCormick turkey gravy packet (0.87 ounce package)
- 2-liter bottle of Coke
How to get the deal
- Download the Ibotta app (or the Ibotta Browser extension for a computer).
- Unlock the offer.
- After purchase, scan the receipt or link to Walmart Grocery account to verify the purchases.
- The offer is limited to one item per customer or Ibotta account.
What they’re saying
- “Walmart is proud to team up with Ibotta this Thanksgiving to put meals on the tables of thousands of families across the U.S. at a time when they may need it most,” said Walmart’s director of content and influencer marketing, Sarah Henry, according to Newsweek.
- “After months of uncertainty and financial strain, this giveaway will help ensure that Americans across the country have a good meal to sit down to on Thanksgiving Day, and we’re humbled to be included around the table,” said Whitney Arthur, shopper marketing director at Coca-Cola, according to CNBC.