The original script for “Revenge of the Sith” would have revealed Anakin Skywalker’s true father, an identity that has been up for debate among the “Star Wars” community for more than a decade.
What’s going on?
In the original script, Darth Sidious would have revealed himself to be Anakin Skywalker’s father, specifically orchestrating the Force to help Skywalker be born.
- “I have waited all these years for you to fulfill your destiny.”
- Palpatine would have said he “used the power of the Force to will the midi-chlorians to start the cell division” to create Skywalker.
The information comes from Paul Duncan’s “Star Wars Archives Episode 1-3 The Prequels” book. The Deseret News was sent a digital copy of the book.
- In “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace,” we learned that Anakin Skywalker did not have a true father. His mother, Shimi Skywalker (Pernilla August), told Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) that she gave birth without a father. She said she can’t explain how it happened.
- In “Revenge of the Sith,” Palpatine hints at the Force creating life, while he looks at Anakin. Sort of a wink, wink, nod, nod, kind of thing.
We already got confirmation:
- “None more startling than seeing his mother during her pregnancy … with Darth Sidious’ arms encircling her, hands curled in Sith sorcery, forming the swirl of energy inside of her that would one day emerge as Anakin,” according to ScreenRant.