Disney Plus recently shared a new video that offers a behind-the-scenes look at the “National Treasure” film.
- The series reviews films from Disney’s past, showing off new Easter eggs and clues that you might have missed before.
- The video’s YouTube description reads: “Behind every movie is a behind-the-scenes story to tell. Join hosts Kenneth Brown and Marcellus Kidd as they share fun facts and little-known details about ‘National Treasure,’ now streaming on #DisneyPlus.”
Watch the video below.
What about a third ‘National Treasure’ film?
There have been mumblings that a new “National Treasure” project is on the way, though it remains unclear what that project will look like.
- A “National Treasure 3” film is reportedly in the works for Disney, which I wrote about for Deseret News. This would be a direct sequel to the original series.
- But there’s talk that “National Treasure” will get a Disney Plus show, as I wrote for Deseret.com. The film’s producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, recently said the Disney Plus series is further along in development compared to the rumored “National Treasure 3.”
A third film was reportedly put off because Disney did not see enough franchise potential in “National Treasure,” according to “Mulan” producer Jason Reed, who worked on the “National Treasure” movies as a production executive.
- “They never figured out a way to integrate it into the parks. It never caught on, even though there were a lot of consumer products, it never caught on as an independent franchise. That makes the numbers look different. It makes it harder to make a company like Disney focus resources on something when they can go make ‘Toy Story’ or buy a cruise ship,” he told Collider.