‘Jeopardy!’ won’t be airing in these 25+ places because of the election
Depending on location, “Jeopardy!” fans may not be able to watch the beloved quiz show tonight due to election coverage.
Election coverage is dominating the networks this week, putting some regular scheduled programming in jeopardy.
Popular shows that typically air on Tuesdays — like “The Voice” and “The Bachelorette” — will not be airing on election night. And depending on their region, “Jeopardy!” fans may not be able to watch the beloved quiz show tonight (in Utah, the show is still scheduled to air at 6:30 p.m. on KJZZ).
On Nov. 3, “Jeopardy!” tweeted that the show “will be preempted in many areas today through the rest of the week.”
Tuesday night’s episode features contestant Devin Rossiter, a longtime “Jeopardy!” fan from Bakersfield, California, who loved the show so much that he used to have his parents pretend to be contestants while he played host, according to The Ringer.
“A lot of people who live locally are asking, ‘I know you can’t say how you did, but is there a way I can see you on the show?’” Rossiter told The Ringer. “The only thing I’ve been able to tell people is, well, you can watch on Nov. 4. And if I’m still there, you’ll know.”
Here’s a rundown of the locations/networks that may be affected, according to the official “Jeopardy!”website.
Not airing Tuesday night’s episode:
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — WPVI-TV
- Washington, D.C. — WJLA-TV
- Boston, Massachusetts — WBZ-TV
- Seattle, Washington — KOMO-TV
- Tampa, Florida – WTSP
- Detroit, Michigan – WDIV-TV
- Miami, Florida — WPLG-DT
- Orlando, Florida — WFTV
- Cleveland, Ohio — WOIO
- Sacramento, California — KXTV
- Charlotte, North Carolina — WCNC-TV
- Indianapolis, Indiana – WTHR
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — WPXI
- Hartford, Connecticut — WTNH
- Greensboro, North Carolina — WFMY-TV
- West Palm Beach, Florida — WPBF
- Albuquerque, New Mexico — KRQE
- Las Vegas, Nevada, KLAS-DT
- Jacksonville, Florida — WTLV-DT
- Providence, Rhode Island — WPRI-TV
- Buffalo, New York — WIVB-TV
- Fort Myers, Florida — WBBH-DT
- Richmond, Virginia — WRIC-TV
- Knoxville, Tennessee — WBIR-DT
- Dayton, Ohio — WDTN
- San Diego — KNSD-TV (could possibly air in a late-night stretch from 2:30 to 4 a.m. PT)
Airing Tuesday’s episode at a different time/on a different station:
- New York, New York — WABC-DT2, 7 p.m. ET (usually broadcast on WABC-TV)
- Los Angeles, KABC-TV — Tuesday through Thursday’s “Jeopardy!” episodes will now air at 7 p.m. PT Wednesday through Friday. Friday’s episode will air Saturday at 9 p.m. PT.
- San Francisco, KGO-TV — Tuesday through Thursday’s “Jeopardy!’ episodes will now air at 7 p.m. PT Wednesday through Friday. Friday’s episode will air Saturday at 10:30 p.m. PT.
- Atlanta, Georgia — WATL, 7:30 p.m. ET (usually broadcast on WXIA-TV)
- Portland, Oregon — KATU, 3 p.m. PT (normal broadcast at 7 p.m.)
- Raleigh, North Carolina — WTVD-DT2, 7 p.m. ET (typically broadcast on WTVD-TV)
- Columbus, Ohio — WBNS-TV, 2:30 a.m. ET (usually airs at 7 p.m.)
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin — WMLW, 6 p.m. CT (usually airs on WDJT-DT)
- Norfolk, West Virginia, WVEC — Tuesday through Thursday’s “Jeopardy!’ episodes will now air 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday through Friday. Friday’s episode will air Saturday at 2:30 a.m. ET.
- Louisville, Kentucky — WLKY-DT2, 7:30 p.m. ET (usually airs on WLKY)
Other “Jeopardy!” episodes affected this week:
- Boston, Massachusetts, WBZ-TV — Friday night’s episode will be delayed to 2:35 a.m. ET because of the “Patriots All Access.”
- Denver, Colorado, KDVR-DT — Thursday’s episode will be delayed to 1:05 a.m. MT because of NFL football.
- Cincinnati, Ohio, WXIX-TV — Thursday’s episode will be delayed to 1 a.m. because of “FOX NFL Thursday Pregame.”