You could say Ariana Grande and TikTok stars hold different positions on whether to party during the coronavirus pandemic.
What’s going on:
She criticized people visiting the Saddle Ranch restaurant in Los Angeles, which has become a frequent hub for star creators on TikTok, BBC News reports.
- “Couldn’t we have stayed at home just a few more weeks?” she asked while speaking on the “Zach Sang Show.”
- “Like, we all really needed to put on our cowgirl boots and ride a mechanical bull that bad. We all needed that Instagram post that badly?”
Reaction from TikTok stars:
TikTok stars responded. Creator Bryce Hall said on the “Hollywood Raw” podcast that Grande’s words were a “marketing move.”
- “Because she knew that Tik Tokers have a high audience, she knew a lot of people would agree because there’s a lot of people that hate TikTokers especially”.
- “I mean, it was obviously like a marketing move and good for her,” he added. “But like, she’s not wrong.”
Meanwhile, Addison Rae, who has 67.7 million TikTok followers, agreed with Grande in an interview with Pap Galore.
- “I think it’s fair. I think it’s understandable,” the 20-year-old star responded. “I definitely have been not going. ... I just have been trying to stay in and work out. I’ve been working out a lot, and also preparing for my movie.”