The live-action remake of “Mulan” is now available on the Disney Plus streaming service for no cost, as long as you have a subscription.
- “Mulan” is directed by Niki Caro.
- The film stars Yifei Liu as Mulan, as well as Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Gong Li, Yoson An and Jason Scott Lee.
- “Mulan” originally released on Disney+ back on Sept. 4 under the “Premier Access” label, which allows subscribers to watch the film for $29.99, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
How to stream
You will need a subscription to Disney Plus to check out the film.
- Disney Plus currently costs $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year.
- You can also bundle with Hulu and ESPN Plus for $12.99 per month.
Is the film good?
I wrote in my review of “Mulan” that the film is the one families need during the pandemic, since it is perfect for streaming and not worthwhile for theaters.
It’s unclear how Mulan would have performed in the box office if the coronavirus pandemic hadn’t delayed it. We may never know. Maybe we’ll get numbers from Disney about downloads and whatnot, but we don’t know the true impact of it from that perspective. But in a world full of darkness — a world where death tolls rise, hate speech polarizes and positive messages seem to be lost — having the option to watch a lighthearted film from the comfort of your own home is a win for anyone.