Fortnite started its fifth season by adding two new “Star Wars” characters into the game — Din Djarin (the Mandalorian) and Grogu (Baby Yoda). But unlocking the best version of the character requires an extra step or two.
What’s going on?
Fortnite added the Mandalorian and Grorgu into the fifth season of Fortnite, as I wrote about for the Deseret News. The characters debuted after the video game’s main character, Jonesy, recruited them to help save the Fortnite island’s energy source.
- Fortnite rumors suggested the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda would appear in the new season as playable characters in lead-up to the season.
- The characters debuted with a new Disney Plus deal as well.
How to unlock the Mandalorian
The Mandalorian can be unlocked by buying the Battle Pass, which will run you about 1,000 V-Bucks or $9.99 total, according to The Verge. The battle pass allows you to unlock new rewards throughout the season, too.
However, Mando doesn’t come with his full Beskar armor, as that’s something you need to unlock throughout the season.
How to unlock Mandalorian’s Beskar armor
Fortnite added a bunch of “Beskar Quests” for gamers to play in order to snag the Beskar armor, according to PC Gamer. These challenges will be unlocked throughout the season, which will likely end sometime around March. So there’s not an immediate rush to finish the challenges.
- Land at Razor’s Crest: The first challenge requires you to land at the Razor’s Crest ship, which is the ship Mando flies in “The Mandalorian.” I outlined the location of the ship for the Deseret News already.
- Complete a bounty: The second challenge asks you to complete a bounty. You’ll need to talk to a character and accept a bounty on someone else. Eliminate that character in five minutes and you’re done.
- Weapons specialist: The third challenges requires you to deal damage to players with five different weapons. You’ll probably want to do this in the Team Rumble mode.
- Find Beskar steel in a shark: You’ll need to find the shark at the Coral Castle island, which is just to the north. There should be some armor in there.
- Defeat Ruckus: You’ll need to defeat Ruckus, a boss character with a mythical weapon.
- Collect gold bars: Collecting gold bars could take some time. Basically, if you complete the aforementioned bounties, you can snag some gold bars and add them up over time.