What is going on with Vanessa Bryant?
- An unnamed source told Us Weekly magazine that Vanessa Bryant is “is incredibly close to her mom and her mom has been her rock throughout the past few weeks.”
- The source said: “Her mom is always with her and the girls (Natalia, 17, Bianka, 3, and Capri, 7 months) and she’s been keeping Vanessa strong and she’s the weight of her support system.”
- The unnamed source said Bryant “is in denial” over the loss.
- The source said: “There is no other option, simply put. Vanessa takes solace in the support of her mom and her sister (Sophie Laine), who are committed to seeing her through this. But at the end of the day, there aren’t words to describe her feelings.”
More updates from Vanessa Bryant
Vanessa Bryant has opened up about her grief in multiple posts on social media. A recent Instagram post included a caption where she admitted she wasn’t sure what to do with the loss and couldn’t believe it was real, according to my report for the Deseret News.
- Vanessa Bryant wrote:
“I’ve been reluctant to put my feelings into words. My brain refuses to accept that both Kobe and Gigi are gone. I can’t process both at the same time. It’s like I’m trying to process Kobe being gone but my body refuses to accept my Gigi will never come back to me.
“It feels wrong. Why should I be able to wake up another day when my baby girl isn’t being able to have that opportunity?! I’m so mad. She had so much life to live. Then I realize I need to be strong and be here for my 3 daughters. Mad I’m not with Kobe and Gigi but thankful I’m here with Natalia, Bianka and Capri. I know what I’m feeling is normal. It’s part of the grieving process. I just wanted to share in case there’s anyone out there that’s experienced a loss like this.
“God I wish they were here and this nightmare would be over. Praying for all of the victims of this horrible tragedy. Please continue to pray for all.”
- Vanessa Bryant also posted a photo of Gianna Bryant’s basketball team jersey, which has been retired by her middle school, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- Vanessa Bryant waited three days to open up about the loss. In her original post, she wrote: “There aren’t enough words to describe our pain right now. I take comfort in knowing that Kobe and Gigi both knew that they were so deeply loved. We were so incredibly blessed to have them in our lives. I wish they were here with us forever. They were our beautiful blessings taken from us too soon. I’m not sure what our lives hold beyond today, and it’s impossible to imagine life without them.”