Multiple reports suggest that Steve Spielberg will not direct a future “Indiana Jones” film, signaling the end of a multi-film run that saw Spielberg lead the franchise.
What’s going on?
- Spielberg — who has directed the four “Indiana Jones” films beginning with “Raiders of the Lost Ark” — has dropped out of the project, according to Variety.
- James Mangold, who directed “Logan” and “Ford v. Ferrari,” is reportedly in talks to take over the franchise.
- Spielberg will stay on as a producer though, Entertainment Weekly reports.
- An unnamed source told Vanity Fair that Spielberg wanted to “let a new director and a new generation give their perspective to the overall story and this film.”
Classic Spielberg move
- As Entertainment Weekly reports, Spielberg let Colin Trevorrow and J.A. Bayona take on the “Jurassic World” films from him.