What’s going on?
- Disney decided to close production on the Marvel series after the government in Prague closed schools and placed travel restrictions in the area, according to Deadline. The show had been filming in Prague.
- The Czech Republic has seen 40 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, according to The New York Times.
- The show was mostly filmed in Atlanta. A short shoot began in Prague on Friday last week.
- The studio asked all actors to return to Atlanta.
- It’s unlikely the show will resume production in Prague.
A history of production halts
- According to Deadline, the show planned to shoot in Puerto Rico. An 6.4-magnitude earthquake hit the southern coast, delaying production.
Coronavirus impacts entertainment
A number of entertainment events have been hurt by the coronavirus outbreak.