What’s going on:
- Disney California Adventure Park will open the new Avengers Campus land on July 18, 2020, with multiple attractions.
- “When we set out to create these extraordinary Super Hero experiences across the globe, we designed a new Spider-Man attraction for Disney California Adventure park in an immersive land with amazing character experiences,” said Scot Drake, portfolio creative executive for Walt Disney Imagineering, in a statement. “We also crafted an original story that ties all the experiences together in ways that are authentic to these characters. We worked side-by-side with teams that brought the Avengers films and comics to life to create a place that champions the next generation of heroes.”
- “Avengers Campus will be a place where fans and guests can finally step into the universe they love, and stand alongside some of their favorite heroes,” said Dave Bushore, vice president of franchise creative and marketing for Marvel Studios. “The optimism inherent in Avengers Campus captures the diversity, power and teamwork these extraordinary characters possess, and now they come together to unite people from all over the world under one guiding principle: We are stronger together.”
- Disneyland said in a statement: “Guests who are lifelong fans of Super Heroes and those discovering them for the first time are invited to team up with the Avengers and their allies to live out their Super Hero dreams in this fully immersive land that mixes innovative technology and fun for all ages.”
What attractions will there be?
- “Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure” — An interactive experience that features, in some form, Tom Holland. You team up with Spider-Man to capture Spider-Bots as they damage the campus. You will be asked to wear 3D glasses and the Web Slinger vehicle.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: Breakout!” — This ride is already out at Disney California Adventure. It will continue to loom in the background of the land.
- Avengers Headquarters — Guests can visit Captain America, Black Panther and Black Widow at the campus who will encounter villains. Spider-Man may be around, too. Iron Man, Ant-Man, The Wasp, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor will appear at the park, too. Loki may also lurk around.
- Pym Particles will produce treats and food at the land.
- Pym Test Kitchen will show normal foods, bite-sized entrees and tiny food. Guests can see the cooks at work creating these food items.
- Giant soda cans will be available there, too.
- Pym Testing Lab will be an adult beverage location.
- Shawarma Palace — Fans will have a chance to eat shawarma just like in the original “The Avengers” film, where the Avengers ate at the Shawarma Palace.
- Terran Treats — You can find churro spirals at this location as well as a cream-filled snack based off a cosmic orb.
Merchandise and clothing
- The Campus Supply Pod — You can buy merchandise and fan gear here.