The coronavirus may make it harder for you to have a movie night with your friends. But there’s a Google Chrome add-on that could make it somewhat easier.
Whats going on:
- The Google Chrome extension titled “Netflix Party” has gone viral this week since it allows friends to watch movies together from a distance.
- Social media user Christine Woods shared a link to the app on Twitter. Her tweet had more than 15,000 retweets and 61,000 likes.
- Woods wrote: “PSA: If you want to still have movie night with friends without risking COVID-19 spread, Chrome has an extension called Netflix Party that allows you to simultaneously stream Netflix with friends. It has a chat window & play/pauses for everyone in the group so you stay synced.”
- The extension includes a group chat, allowing people to talk at the same time.
How it works:
- Install the Google Chrome add-on. Visit the Google Chrome page, click “available on Chrome” and install from there.
- Open your desired video on Netflix. Choose any show or movie you want. Start playing it.
- Click on the “NP” icon in your Google Chrome address bar.
- Then, click “Start Party.” Share the party URL with friends.
- To join a party, click on a party URL. It will take you to Netflix’s website. Click the NP button again, and it will make you join the party.