What’s going on?
- People can see how close they are to a confirmed COVID-19 case, which comes from new public government data within the country, according to Quartz.
- The data shows where the patient was confirmed for the disease, the demographic data and their location history.
- The app shows a person’s nationality, age and gender, too.
- The app Corona 100m will tell people if they are within 328 feet of a person who had COVID-19.
How popular is the app?
- Developers said these apps have become some of the post popular through the Google Play app store, according to CNN Business.
- Bae Won-Seok, a creator of Corona 100m, told CNN Business installs have reached more than 20,000 per hour. The app has 1 million downloads in three weeks.