Disney fans have used their time social distancing to come up with a wild fan theory that somehow “Tangled” predicted the coronavirus.
The theory is wicked weird and definitely not true. But entertainment these days is few and far between.
What the theory says
- OK. Here’s the theory, according to social media members.
- In 2010, Disney released “Tangled,” a new version of the classic Rapunzel story.
- In the story, she has magical hair that stops her from aging so she gets locked away in a tower so she can always appear young.
- Rapunzel is kept away from her village, which is called Corona. She’s locked in quarantine.
- See where this is headed?
Talk about the theory:
Anyway, Twitter users shared their thoughts on the theory. See the best explanations below.
@Disney #Tangled the film about a girl who is in forced isolation lives in a town called....Corona! #covid19UK #QuarantineLife #isolationfilmclub #ConspiracyTheories pic.twitter.com/1vGYhYvk53— J Murch (@JMurch4) March 20, 2020
remember the film tangled? and how she was locked up in a castle?? AS IF the castle was called CORONA castle... shame we’re not living a fairytail, i’d rather be locked up in a castle tbf— ebonie bateman (@ebatemann) March 20, 2020
Tangled the Disney movie. About a girl who is isolated from the kingdom of Corona. Well played @Disney #CoronaCrisis #CoronaVirusUpdate #COVID19— Karla May Benwell (@hehekarlahaha) March 20, 2020