- Utah Symphony and Utah Opera announced shows will be postponed through May 23.
- The announcement came after Salt Lake County Arts and Culture announced performing arts venues will be closed until May 15.
- USUO said it is “working closely with local government officials and the health department to determine when it is safe to resume performances.”
What’s being said:
- Patricia A. Richards, interim president and CEO of Utah Symphony, Utah Opera: “We are deeply saddened to cancel live symphony and opera performances but want to assure everyone that this cancellation is temporary and we will be back. We hope to resume performing this summer with free community concerts, the Deer Valley Music Festival in Park City, and certainly later this fall. As stewards of the arts, Utah Symphony, Utah Opera places priority on the safety and well-being of everyone in our community. We are heartbroken to cancel live performances, and continue to harness the incredible healing power of music to connect communities across Utah.”
- In the meantime, Utah Symphony and Utah Opera both offer audio streaming, playlists and clips on its website.
- April 14 — “How to Train Your Dragon” Film in Concert
- April 17-18 — “The Temptations with the Utah Symphony”
The following shows have been canceled. The organization is looking to possibly reschedule them:
- March 12 — Utah Opera, “Opera-Tunities” Night for “The Barber of Seville”
- March 14-22 — Utah Opera, “The Barber of Seville”
- March 17-21 — Utah Symphony, “Carnival of the Animals”
- March 19 — Utah Symphony, All-Star Youth Pro Am
- March 26-28 — Utah Symphony, “Carmina Burana”
- April 9-11 — Utah Symphony, Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2
- April 16 — Utah Symphony, “The Temptations with the Utah Symphony” (Ogden)
- April 24-25 — Utah Symphony, Beethoven 2020: “Pastoral” Symphony
- May 1-2 — Utah Symphony, Beethoven 2020: Symphony No. 5
- May 7 — Utah Opera, “Opera-Tunities” Night for “Thais”
- May 9, 11, 13, 15 and 17 — Utah Opera, “Thais”
- May 16 — Utah Symphony, Gala with Joshua Bell
- May 22-23 — Utah Symphony, Season Finale: Beethoven’s “Eroica”