Drake may be hiding from the world, but he’s done hiding the world from his kid.
What’s going on:
- Drake has posted a slew of new photos on his Instagram account of his 2-year-old son, Adonis, who has remained away from the public scene since he was born in October 2017.
- The photos show Adonis sipping from a cup and sitting in a toy car.
- Drake also included a picture of his parents, Dennis Graham and Sandy Graham.
- The photos weren’t just to spread love for family. Drake used the post to talk about how much he misses his family during the coronavirus pandemic and social distancing.
- The length post includes a call for people to “connect to your own inner light” and focus on good things in the world.
Here’s the full text of Drake’s post:
What is most important for you right now is to connect to your own inner light. This will create the biggest opening of all. Trust that you have all of the power within to make this happen, and in order to do that connect to the people and things that bring you a lot of joy. When the mind starts to move into overthinking or fear, shift your attention right away to something bright. It doesn’t matter what has happened in the past or what is happening around us now, you can always make the choice to break free of the wheel of suffering and panic and open up to your own light. We are powerful manifestors, so once you make the choice in the moment to shift your awareness to something good, it will show you in your reality. Be conscious, especially right now of fears coming in from others, and recognize that not everything should be held by you. Laughter is your best medicine, but tears can also be a powerful release. Let go of any judgment you may have around that. Remember that you are never alone, and if you need to be reminded of that ask for support and it will show up. Everything comes down to intention, and even though there are conflicting energies circling around us you must KNOW ... It will rebuild. But in order for that to happen, you have to do exactly that. Trust. You have the biggest heart and that is your greatest gift. It’s impossible to always control your surroundings, but when you shift the focus to how you want to feel, everything will conspire to assist you. I love and miss my beautiful family and friends and I can’t wait for the joyful day when we are all able to reunite. Until then please keep your lights on.
Some additional context:
- Drake hasn’t been too public about his son, often only releasing small photos here and there about his son’s artwork.
- The rapper Pusha T revealed Drake had a son in a diss song called “The Story of Adonis” in spring 2018. Drake responded on his album “Scorpion” about his son, saying in the song “Emotionless” that he “wasn’t hiding my kid from the world, I was hiding the world from my kid.”