Disney has released a slew of new face masks and coverings for people trying to keep social distancing amid the coronavirus pandemic.
What’s going on:
- Disney released face masks that include characters from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and “Star Wars,” among several others.
- People can buy the masks at ShopDisney.com.
- The masks include characters like Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Baby Yoda, R2-D2, The Hulk, the Avengers and Sporky from “Toy Story 4,” among other projects.
- The masks are available for preorder right now. They cost $19.99 for a four-pack set.
- Disney announced it will donate 1 million cloth face masks for children and families in need across the country. MedShare will distribute the masks.
- All profits made from now until Sept. 30 from the masks with go toward MedShare up to $1 million.
- Charles Redding, CEO and president of MedShare “Disney’s donations will make a tremendous impact in the communities we serve. Their contribution of one million Disney cloth face masks will be provided to families in underserved communities and organizations working to limit the spread of COVID-19, while their monetary donation will be used to support the medical community’s ongoing efforts to provide lifesaving care to those who need it most.”
Wearing a face mask:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends people wear a face cover or mask for the foreseeable future to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
- The CDC said: “Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.”