Disney Animation announced a new miniseries featuring one of the popular characters from “Frozen” and “Frozen 2.”
- Disney Animation tweeted a video of the all-new original digital series centered around Olaf, a snowman brought to life in “Frozen” and “Frozen 2.”
- The series — titled “At Home With Olaf” — was created by Hyrum Osmond, the nephew of Donny Osmond.
- Olaf will be voiced by Josh Gad.
- The first episode lasts 41 seconds.
- The first episode — titled “Fun With Snow” — shows Olaf throwing snowballs until a smaller snowman appears and trolls Olaf.
- Watch it below.
This isn’t Olaf’s first spinoff adventure
- In 2017, Disney released a short film ahead of the film “Coco” centered around Olaf and the “Frozen” universe, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- The 21-minute show — though a short that aired before a Pixar film — was intended to be a TV holiday movie that Pixar decided to run before “Coco.”
- The episode received a 42% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and was roasted by critics for how bad it was.
- “We are creatures of habit, and ‘Olaf’s Frozen Adventure’ eventually feels like the grinning house guest who won’t leave, even though the party was supposed to clear out long ago,” The Washington Post wrote at the time. “As each successive song in the four-tune reel cues up, moviegoers’ reactions can be heard to switch from laughing irritation to growing mockery to outright anger.”
- There was some speculation that the film was added to the film to increase the audience for “Coco.”