The singalong series aired on Sunday night, Mother’s Day. Celebrities — from Halsey and Idina Menzel to Jennifer Hudson and John Legend — performed Disney showtunes throughout the night from their homes. Lyrics to the songs appeared on screen so people at home could following along.
“Disney Family Singalong” debuted in April on ABC. Disney announced a sequel event soon after, leaving it for Mother’s Day so families could watch it together.
Now, the event is available on Disney Plus to stream and replay.
As Lottie Johnson explained, some of the highlights include:
- Halsey’s performance of “Part of Your World
- Idina Menzel and Ben Platt singing “A Whole New World”
- Shakira’s performance of “Try Everything,”
- Katy Perry singing “Baby Mine”
- Actress/singer Keke Palmer sang “Zero to Hero” from “Hercules”
The full lineup for the show includes:
- The Muppets will open the show.
- “A Whole New World” — Idina Menzel and Ben Platt.
- “Almost There” — Chloe x Halle and Anika Noni Rose.
- ”Hakuna Matata” — Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner featuring. Donald Glover and Walter Russell III.
- “Part of Your World” — Halsey.
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls” — Rebel Wilson.
- “Remember Me” — Miguel.
- “Step in Time” and ”Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” — Derek Hough, Julianne Hough and Hayley Erbert.
- “Try Everything” — Shakira.
- “When I Am Older” — Josh Gad.
- “You’ll Be in My Heart” — Disney on Broadway stars Merle Dandridge, Heather Headley, Adam Jacobs, Caissie Levy, Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey and Josh Strickland.
- “Zero to Hero” — Keke Palmer.