Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres will resume modified business operations beginning Thursday, June 18.
- The changes impact most Utah Megaplex locations from Logan to St. George.
- Blake Andersen, Megaplex Theatres president: “The Intermission is finally over! Our team is ready. Our buildings are ready. Our technology is ready, and we are thrilled to be welcoming guests back to Megaplex Theatres to enjoy great movies on the biggest screens in Utah.”
- More information can be found at Megaplex Theatres’ new reopening website.
Megaplex is bringing back some old films
Megaplex will show the following films before new movies return per a press release emailed to the Deseret News:
- “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings” series.
- “Just Mercy.”
- “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
- “The Greatest Showman.”
Details of reopening:
Megaplex Theatres will reopen with the following protocols and guidelines:
- Limited capacity per theater based on state guidelines.
- Requiring guests to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, including discouraging at-risk individuals from visiting theaters.
- Wellness checks from employees.
- Gloves and masks required for employees.
- Strong request for guests to wear masks.
- High-contact surfaces and areas will be cleaned.
- Each seat will be sanitized before between screenings.
- Cashless payment options encouraged.
- Some food items may be suspended or scaled back.
Megaplex joined other community leaders and health experts to develop “Utah’s Cinema Promise” — an official document that outlines guidelines for returning theaters during the COVID-19 pandemic. The guidelines in the document include:
- More hand-sanitizing stations will be added throughout the theaters.
- Nightly deep cleaning standards will be enhanced.
- Frequency of cleaning and disinfecting will be increased.
- Sanitizing door handles, touch screens, door handles will be increased.
- Touchless soap dispensers and hand dryers will be added.
- Employees who handle money won’t handle food.