The sequel to ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ has started production already amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
What’s going on:
- Sony Animation’s ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ sequel started production this week.
- Lead animator Nick Kondo tweeted he has started working on the project.
- Sony announced back in May that the sequel would be pushed to Oct. 7, 2022 — which is six months after its original release date of April 2022, according to Deadline.
- The first film garnered $190 million in the U.S. and $375 million around the world.
- Per ComingSoon, the original film needed 170 different animators to create the first film.