- Disney D23 — an exclusive fan club for Disney enthusiasts — shared two images Thursday related to the history of Disneyland.
- The first image showed the first Disneyland employee badge, which is gold with blue text and stars dotted around the outside.
- The badge was worn by Walt Disney in 1955, according to Disney D23.
- The second image showed off Disneyland ticket #000001, which was purchased by Roy O. Disney on July 18, 1955.
- The ticket includes an estimated price of $0.91 with $0.09 tax, making the total price $1, which would be about $9.57 today.
More from the archives
- Disney announced a new Walt Disney Archives documentary called “Adventure Thru the Walt Disney Archives,” which “provides an inside look at rarely seen treasures from the extensive collection.”
- The documentary will explore “everything from Disney theme parks to the studio lot is examined through an engaging, historical lens,” according to the description from D23.
- The documentary will premiere on D23.com for premiere fans and D23 Gold Members on June 27.
- No word on if the film will be released on Disney Plus in the future.