What’s going on:
- EA Star Wars announced the new game — which will focus on space battles and star fights — late last week after images and concept art leaked online.
- EA Star Wars said: “You, your team, and the fastest star fighters in the galaxy. It’s time to become the galaxy’s finest. This is #StarWarsSquadrons!”
- The trailer dropped Monday morning.
What the trailer shows
- It shows a nervous X-Wing pilot zooming through space with a TIE fighter on her tail. She evades him as much as she can sneak away.
- Both pilots return to their bases after the brief interaction.
- Pilots of the New Republic and the First Order compete against each other in star battles.
- The trailer hints at a five pilot, one squadron battle.
What we know about the game:
- The game will be released Oct. 2.
- Squadrons will be set after “Return of the Jedi.”
- Squadrons will be a combat game that focuses on space fights and battles. It will have a single-layer campaign. The focus will be on multiplayer, though.
- Per VentureBeat; “The idea is to get players fighting against each other in team battles featuring iconic Star Wars vessels.”