Jazz Gaming — the Utah Jazz’s representative in the NBA 2K League — is following in the footsteps of its NBA counterpart, putting together a winning run and earning a first round berth in the league’s in-season ‘Tipoff’ tournament.
- Jazz Gaming went on a 3-1 stretch Tuesday night to qualify for the knockout round.
- The Jazz won its group, which automatically qualified the team to appear in the next round.
- Jazz Gaming defeated Celtics Gaming 92-81 in Game 1 and 75-56 in Game 2.
- Though the Jazz lost to Mavs Gaming in Game 3, 65-60, the team rebounded with a 73-69 win in Game 4.
- Rookie guard Kimanni “Splashy” Ingram led the way for the Jazz in all three wins, scoring 29, 37 and 34 points in the first, second and fourth games, respectively.
- Spencer “Ria” Wyman scored 24 points in the Jazz’s lone loss of the night.
- Jazz Gaming will enter the knockout round on Thursday.
- No opponent or match time has been set. The tournament is still undergoing the group play to determine the next round.