Pokemon Snap is back, Jack.
What’s going on:
- The Pokemon Snap video game is making a comeback on the Nintendo Switch, the franchise announced Wednesday morning.
- The game was originally released on N64 in 199.
- It centered around gamers snapping photos of wild Pokemon.
- The new game will be titled New Pokemon Snap.
- The official Pokemon Twitter account tweeted: “That’s right, Trainers —#PokemonSnapIsBack! #NewPokemonSnap is an all-new adventure inspired by the classic Nintendo 64 game. Grab your camera, and get ready to photograph Pokémon while exploring beautiful islands on Nintendo Switch!”
That’s right, Trainers—#PokemonSnapIsBack! #NewPokemonSnap is an all-new adventure inspired by the classic Nintendo 64 game.— Pokémon (@Pokemon) June 17, 2020
Grab your camera, and get ready to photograph Pokémon while exploring beautiful islands on Nintendo Switch! https://t.co/7lqjl7saf0 pic.twitter.com/p6oJgmwZ8d
What’s the game going to be like?
New Pokemon Snap offered a few hints on its website about the game’s premise:
- “Get ready for New Pokémon Snap, an all-new adventure for Nintendo Switch that’s inspired by the classic Nintendo 64 game Pokémon Snap.”
- “In New Pokémon Snap, you’ll explore deserts, jungles, and more as you photograph fan-favorite Pokémon and discover never-before-seen Pokémon expressions and behaviors.”
- The game will allow you to “explore beautiful islands,” “discovery lively wild Pokemon,” “capture beautiful Pokemon photos” and “make your own Photodex” (a collection of pictures), according to the website.