Aunt Becky’s absence from the final season of “Fuller House” has finally been explained, and it’s an explanation similar to another role from actress Lori Loughlin.
What’s going on:
- The final episodes of “Fuller House” dropped on Netflix this week. The final season focuses on the triple wedding of Stephanie, DJ (Candace Cameron Bure) and Kimmie, according to Us Weekly magazine.
- In episode 15, Uncle Jesse (John Stamos) tries to figure out which child is biting his daughter at school. He asks DJ for help. But DJ wonders if Jesse should ask his wife, Aunt Becky (Lori Loughlin), for help on the matter.
- Jesse says: “Aunt Becky is in Nebraska helping out her mother. I don’t want to bother her with a tiny little thing like this.”
- DJ: “Right, because she’d tell you not to do what you’re about to do.”
- Jesse: “Exactly!”
- Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, have agreed to plead guilty on multiple charges related to the college admissions scandal. The couple has been accused of paying $500,000 in bribes so that their daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella Rose Giannulli, would be crew team recruits for the University of Southern California.
- The couple agreed to plead guilty in May — after more than a year of maintaining their innocence. A judge will review the case and make a decision on the sentencing in August.
- “Fuller House” didn’t mention Aunt Becky in the opening episodes of season 5, which was split into two halves. Last year, there was no mention of Loughlin’s character on the show, as I wrote about for the Deseret News.
Similar to her ‘When Calls the Heart’ exit
Loughlin previously starred on the Hallmark Channel show “When Calls the Heart.” The channel cut ties with Loughlin as a result of the scandal.
Soon after, in May 2019, “When Calls the Heart” released a new episode that explained what happened to Abigail Stanton. The show’s main character, Elizabeth (Erin Krakow), wrote a note that explained Abigail’s fate, as I wrote about for the Deseret News.
We never know how life will turn. It’s been a week since Abigail got word that her mother had taken ill back East. True to her nature, Abigail wasted no time in rushing off to care for her.
Abigail is much more than a friend. She’s family, and I will miss her and Cody deeply. We all will. But we must get by as best we can.
Correction: This article previously said DJ asked Uncle Jesse for help. It was actually Uncle Jesse asking DJ for help.