7-Eleven cancels Free Slurpee Day for 2020 due to COVID-19 outbreak. But you can still get a free Slurpee
Anyone who thought they’d get a free Slurpee this year may want to reconsider
What’s going on:
- 7-Eleven announced Tuesday that its Free Slurpee Day — where customers receive a free Slurpee drink on July 11 (you know, 7/11) — will be canceled this year because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 7‑Eleven Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Marissa Jarratt: “At 7‑Eleven, our top priority is the safety of customers, franchisees and employees. Gathering nine million of our closest friends in stores on one day just didn’t feel right, but I am heartened that we now have the opportunity to help the communities and neighborhoods that have been the lifeline of our business since 1927.”
- 7-Eleven will still deliver free Slurpees — just not on one day for everybody.
How to get a free Slurpee
- On July 1, anyone who has downloaded the 7Rewards app will receive a free medium Slurpee coupon on their personal account.
- Customers can redeem the free Slurpee on any day in July. This allows customers “the opportunity to treat themselves when it’s convenient for them, while helping us practice physical distancing in stores,” according to 7-Eleven.