“Avengers: Infinity War” has finally made its way to Disney Plusafter months of anticipation, bringing one of the Marvel Studios’ most successful films to the streaming service.
- A quick look at Disney Plus this morning reveals “Infinity War” has joined the streaming service. The film leads the list of new titles.
- Disney Plus promoted the film as one of the top rotating films as well.
- Thefilm description reads: “With the powerful Thanos on the verge of raining destruction upon the universe, the Avengers and their Super Hero allies risk everything in the ultimate showdown of all time.”
The bigger picture:
- “Avengers: Infinity War” was previously available on Netflix. The deal between “Infinity War” and Netflix ended in 2009 when Disney Plus came into existence. Since that time, Disney has been waiting out the contract.
- “Ant-Man and the Wasp”remains the only Marvel Cinematic Universe film on Netflix. The contract for the film is set to expire in July, according to ComicBook.com.
“Infinity War”earned more than $2 billion at the worldwide box office with more than $670 million in the U.S. alone, per Box Office Mojo.