- Lillard — who played for Weber State University as a college athlete — appears with a white Blazers jersey on the cover.
- Here’s a full view of the cover.
What Lillard says
- Lillard said: “I made it. I’m going to be on the cover of 2K.”
- Lillard said gracing the cover is like having a signature shoe — it’s something that some athletes don’t get in their careers. He said he recognizes favorite versions of the game based on who graced the cover.
- Making the cover may look like he hit another mantle for his career. Lillard said his stature in the league comes from performing well on the court rather than just being on the cover of the game.
More NBA 2K21 cover on the way
- Last week, Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis announced that the upcoming NBA 2K21 video game will have three different covers.
- The three covers would be revealed June 30, July 1 and July 2.
- Potential cover athletes include Zion Williamson, who hyped the game in its first teaser trailer. The trailer showed Williamson practicing in a gym and dunking constantly, a hint that he would be on the cover. He would be the youngest NBA player to appear on an NBA 2K cover, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- Other reports suggest Kobe Bryant may appear on one of the covers. Shaquille O’Neal predicted Bryant would be an NBA 2K cover athlete after Bryant died in January during a helicopter crash.