- Lightning in Washington, D.C, led to the league postponing the recent NBA 2K League matchup between Jazz Gaming and Wizards District Gaming, according to Bleacher Report.
- No new date for the game was scheduled.
Why the game mattered
- The two teams were set to face off in a “rookie” duel. The 2020 NBA 2K League draft’s No. 1 pick John “JBM” Mascone plays for Wizards District Gaming and was set to face Kimmani “Splashy” Ingram, the No. 10 overall pick in the draft.
- The game was set to air on ESPN2 Friday night, bringing Jazz Gaming some national attendance.
- The two teams are neck-and-neck in the NBA 2K League standings. Jazz Gaming is currently in fifth place with a 3-1 record, and the Wizards are in fourth place with a 4-1 record.