The fourth annual TEDxOgden event, which will take place on August 22 at Peery’s Egyptian Theater, has announced its speaker lineup and that tickets are now on sale, according to a press release on Monday.
The event will include seven TEDx talks, as well as performances and opportunities to meet the speakers and performers, according to the press release.
“TEDxOgden’s event theme is a play on 2020 vision, we anticipate that those who attend will walk away with a new perspective about various topics and issues that we face,” TEDxOgden project manager Sydnie Furton said in a statement.
The seven speakers will include:
- Chase Hansen, who is 11 years old and one of the youngest presenters on a TEDx stage. His nonprofit Project Empathy, where volunteers take homeless people to lunch and talk to them about their situation, has drawn national attention.
- Stacy Bernal, a speaker, author and coach at See Stacy Speak LLC. She is also the founder of Awesome Autistic Ogden, which is an autism appreciation event and community resource.
- John C. Trimble, a professor at Weber State University and a co-founder of Foodscaping Utah, a nonprofit organization that helps people to grow food in front yard foodscapes.
- Lori Prichard, the morning anchor for KSL TV. After losing her husband to suicide in 2019, she has been an advocate for suicide prevention and the need to talk openly about depression.
- Zachary Moses, the CEO of OurWestAdventures.com and HeTravel.com, which is the world’s largest LGBTQ+ “small group” tour operator.
- Jennie Taylor, whose late husband Brent left his position as the mayor of North Ogden to serve in Afghanistan with US Army and was killed in action in 2018. Jennie Taylor has become a voice for the value of community support and healing.
- Mike Brian, the CEO of Penna Powers whose passion is to help people find, document, and share their own stories.
Tickets for the event are $20 and can be purchased at tedxogden.com or egyptiantheaterogden.com.