What’s going on:
StarWars.com announced a number of new titles and books connected to “The Mandalorian” that will help fans explore new areas of the series.
The series will begin this fall with releases through the winter and spring 2021.
The full list includes:
- “The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One)” by Phil Szostak; cover by Doug Chiang.
- “The Mandalorian: Original Novel” by Adam Christopher.
- “The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide” by Pablo Hidalgo.
- “The Mandalorian: Allies & Enemies — Level Two Reader” by Brooke Vitale.
- “The Mandalorian: 8×8 Storybook (title to be revealed later)” by Brooke Vitale.
- “The Mandalorian: Junior Novelization” by Joe Schreiber.
Comic books based around “The Mandalorian” are coming, too. The comics will come from Marvel and IDW Publishing, which has handled “Star Wars” comic books in the past.
‘The Mandalorian’ and the recent rumors
- The rise in “Mandalorian” content comes a new “Star Wars” rumor continues to swirl around the internet. It’s likely unlikely untrue since it’s mostly from internet discussion. But the rumor suggests Disney could reset the entire sequel trilogy, making it an alternate timeline of events in the “Star Wars” universe.
- The rumor raises questions about what would mean for “The Mandalorian,” which we know to be canon in the “Star Wars” universe.
- Again, the rumor is untrue. But it’s clear Disney plans to extend “The Mandalorian” brand even farther than it already is at right now.