Here's what you need to know about the service.
What is Peacock?
How much will it cost?
According to Rolling Stone, there are three different tiers of the service each having something a little different to offer:
- Premium ($4.99/month or $49.99/ year)
- Ad-free ($9.99/ month or $99.99/ year)
Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1 subscribers will have access to Peacock Premium for free
What will it offer?
- Peacock’s free tier will have access to over 7,500 hours of content, according to CNN. That will include shows such as, “Parks and Recreation,” “30 Rock,” “Everybody Loves Raymond,” “Downton Abby,” and more.
- Peacock Premium will have over 15,000 hours of content and will include all the shows as the free tier and also, “Saturday Night Live,” “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” “The King of Queens,” and more. Premium subscribers will also be able to watch shows the day after they air.
- Peacock will have exclusive streaming rights to Universal films, including “Fast & Furious 9,” “Jurassic World 3,“ according to Deadline.
- English Premier League Soccer will air on the app, too.
How to stream it:
Peacock will be available to stream on:
- NBCUniversal’s website
- iOS and Android devices
- Apple TV
- Smartcast TVs
- LG Smart TVs
- The service will not be available on Roku or Amazon Fire.
The bigger picture:
- It’s not sure how Peacock will compete with other services such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, or HBO Max but NBCUniversal is hopeful, according to CNN. But Peacock has exclusive shows to offer with a wide library and cheaper prices than most of its competitors.