What’s going on:
The New York Times reporter Taylor Lorenz noted that Trump has an account on Triller, a social media app seen as a rival to TikTok.
- Trump’s account has about 3,500 followers.
- His account has an introduction video with more than 590,000 views so far.
- The introduction video includes lines from Trump, who says he is a professional at technology,” and “nobody can do it like me.”
- Other videos on the account hit at former Vice President Joe Biden.
What is Triller?
Triller has been deemed the “adult version” of TikTok, which has been highly popular among teens and youngsters, according to Digiday.
The app allows people to film themselves rapping to songs. The app’s algorithm will show similar apps, much like TikTok.
Triller is all about music, though. It has investment from Snoop Dogg, 21 Savage and Migos.
- Digiday said: “It’s this specific fandom, more so than the actual product itself, that makes Triller such an intriguing prospect for marketers now. Yes, there’s a crossover between the audiences of both apps, but Triller is focused on serving a more engaged subset, i.e music fans.”