Epic Games has revealed how iPhone users can stay connected with Fortnite when the game releases its fourth season of chapter 2.
First, some context:
- Epic Games and Apple remain in a legal and public relations battle after Apple dropped Fortnite from the app store, which I wrote about for Deseret.com.
- The decision came after Epic Games added a discount if you bought the game’s virtual currency through Epic’s new payment system instead of Apple’s system.
- Once Appledropped Fortnite, Epic Games decided to sue Apple.
- For now, Fortnite remains out of the App Store. So when Fortnite releases chapter 2, season 4, iPhone users will no longer have a chance to play the game since they can’t update it.
How to stay connected:
Epic Games revealed four notes about how iPhone users can continue to play the game when the new season drops.
- Log in to your Epic Games account to make sure your data, purchased items and information is up to date.
- Review Epic Games’ list of devices that allow Fortnite. You may have access to one of these so you can install the game there and begin playing immediately.
- Androidusers can still play the game. More on that here.
- You can message @AppStore on social media and use the hashtag #FreeFortnite.