Amazon is about to hire 33,000 workers for tech and corporate roles. Oh yeah, and the salary is going to be, on average, $150,000.
- The average pay will be $150,000 per year.
- The jobs will be centered in Denver, New York, Phoenix and Seattle.
- New hires will work from home first.
- Amazon will ask employees to return to the office in the future.
Amazonwill host an online career fair on Sept. 16 to collect resumes and let people chat with recruiters about potential openings.
Jane Oates, president of the nonprofit WorkingNation and a former assistant secretary at the U.S. Department of Labor, told The Associated Press that Amazon is looking to the future with its hires.
- “They’re not only looking for the jobs that need to be done today, they’re also looking at what’s next.”
A look at the numbers
Amazon currently has more than 600,000 full- and part-time employees across 40 different states, Fox Businessreports.
Last year, about 17,000 people attended an Amazon Career Day event in six different cities. More than 200,000 people applied for jobs before the event, Fox Businessreports.