The original version of “The Muppet Show” will begin streaming on Disney+ beginning in February, and some lost seasons will be added to the show’s library.
- “The Muppet Show” will begin streaming on Friday, Feb. 19 exclusively on Disney+.
The show’s catalog will feature five seasons of the show, which was a variety show that featured Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, the Swedish Chef.
- The original show includes sketch comedy, guest stars and music.
- The show originally premiered in 1976. Such guest stars included Steve Martin, Elton John, Liza Minnelli, Alice Cooper, Julie Andrews, Bernadette Peters, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Gene Kelly and Mark Hamill.
- Seasons 4 and 5 have never previously been released on home entertainment, according to a Disney+ press release emailed to Deseret News.
- “It’s going to be great to welcome back longtime fans, and to give a new generation of fans a chance to see how we got our start, how Miss Piggy became a star and so much more,” said Kermit the Frog in a statement emailed to the Deseret News (seriously). “Today, I’m proud to say: ‘It’s time to play the music, light the lights and meet the Muppets on Disney Plus tonight!’ And as for Statler and Waldorf, the two old guys in the balcony, I can only add: ‘Sorry, guys, but….here we go again.”