What’s going on?
BestMattress-Brand.org — yes, a mattress brand — recently released results of a new survey that looked at how often people use TikTok. The company released the survey to determine TikTok’s impact on sleep.
- On average, people use TikTok for 45 minutes per day.
- 67% users said TikTok affects their sleep.
- 28% of users said they use the app at night.
- 46.1% of people said they swipe the app while laying in bed.
- More than 75% of people said they stayed up late to use the app.
- 65.29% of people stayed up 30 to 60 minutes longer when they use TikTok at night.
What about Utah?
Utah ranks about the middle of the pack when it comes to TikTok use at 2 hours, 49 minutes total per day.
- It’s nowhere near North Dakota, which uses the app for 3 hours, 20 minutes per day, or Massachusetts, which used the app for 3 hours, 32 minutes per day.
- West Virginia, meanwhile, spends five hours per day on the app, which is the most of any state in the country.