NBA 2K22 has released new details about what to expect in Season 2 of MyCareer and MyTeam, including the debut of new music, a celebration of Michael Jordan and more.
NBA 2K22 is a basketball video game that includes multiple game modes, including a normal game mode and a franchise mode, where you can control a team.
- MyTeam is a mode where you can build fantasy NBA rosters and play games using those teams. Most players can be earned by playing the game, opening digital packs of cards or buying player cards at the auction house.
- MyCareer is a mode where you build your own player, who can compete in college, the NBA and in the neighborhood — a set of courts where gamers can compete with each other.
For NBA 2K22, the game will be broken down into multiple seasons. Each season offers new rewards and prizes for completing tasks and winning games. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect when Season 2 launches on Friday, Oct. 22.
Did MyTEAM change TTO: The 100?
The TTO: The 100 game mode will be changed. In the current game mode, you start with 100 points. Every point you give up in 3-vs-3 games is subtracted from that total, even if you win. Once you give up 100 points, you get a specific reward. Now, for Season 2, wins will not subtract your opponents' points from that 100 point total. So if you win, you get more rewards.
Did MyTeam change Unlimited?
The Unlimited game mode — where you play 5-vs-5 games with your team versus an opponent — will now change to give those in the highest tier 16 games to get 12 wins. If you get 12 wins, you get the ultimate prize for Season 2. In previous versions, you had to go 12-0.
- Unlimited will have a new Showdown Tier, which features the best of the best. Winners get an extra reward for Season 2.
What’s new for MyTeam Season 2?
The new season will launch with the new ’22 NBA Series 1 packs, which are full of digital cards of current NBA players.
- NBA Primetime will be back with Moment Player Cards, which represent cards based on real-life moments for NBA players.
Will MyTeam have new domination?
MyTeam will add a third round of Domination — 30 games against all NBA teams — called NBA 75 Domination.
MyTeam is adding new Player Coach Cards. Winning in Domination will net you cards of some of your favorite NBA players, including Shaquille O’Neal, LeBron James and Kevin Durant, among others. In fact, winning all the games in NBA 75 Domination will get you Diamond Player Coach Bill Russell, Dennis Rodman and Steph Curry.
What are the MyTeam Season 2 Rewards?
- Level 40 reward: Pink Diamond Kevin Garnett.
- Limited mode — Pink Diamond Ja Morant.
- Ascension Board — Pink Diamond Caron Butler.
- Unlimited — Pink Diamond Gary Payton.
- Winning NBA 75 Domination — Pink Diamond Amar’e Stoudemire.
- MyTeam Draft Ascension Board — George Gervin.
What are the new Exchange awards for MyTeam?
There will be new Exchange options — where you can trade your cards for other ones — added this season within a specific time period.
New Exchange rewards available on Friday include:
- Pink Diamond Dave Bing.
- Amethyst Theo Ratliff.
- Sapphire Jimmy Butler.
Are there new Token Market rewards?
The following players will join the Token Market for Season 2:
- Pink Diamond Chris Mullin.
- Diamond Bingo Smith.
- Amethyst Montrezl Harrell.
- Ruby Cole Anthony.